Sunday, November 25, 2018

Thanksgiving 2018

It's been a great holiday! Flip was very excited that everyone was home, and sleeping in. He made the most of it...
Check out the fang and corpse-like Steve
Guess where my spot (or lack thereof) is?
The cats continued to steal Flip's water like weirdos.

We went up to NEO on Thanksgiving and visited with family and ate all the things. We were stuffed and happy! Steve was both the big loser and the big winner in ping pong games. Wm had a blast playing with Andrew. I got a compliment on the boots that Steve calls "weird" every time I wear them. It was a great time!
Grandma in front of her spread!
Wm even decided to spend the night at Grandma and Grandpa's to prolong his visit. Then, Mimi and Guy drove him home the next morning. He was exhausted, but super happy to have been able to do it!
Road Trippin' Willie
Steve had to work a bit this weekend. Not a ton, but enough to disrupt the fun train that was rolling! It worked out, though. While he was at work, I went shopping with Suzanne! We also found time to put up all the holiday decorations.
Family room tree and Wm
Small living room tree and Wm
We discovered that our living room tree was missing a tree skirt, so I snagged one when I was shopping with Suz...
Hoping the cats don't eat it
Also got very festive wreath!!
Then, today, Steve put up the outside lights. It's finally dark, so I'm about to go out and see them! Pictures to come!

Earlier this afternoon, we took Wm and Flip to get holiday pictures taken. I told Wm that letting me pick out his outfit and his nicely posing for pictures sans any complaints would be my Christmas present. He was delighted to get off that easy and was very compliant! Flip, however, was a super pill! They tried to get him to focus using a squeaky toy and then he just wanted to murder the toy. He was low key growling at the toy throughout the shoot. Thankfully, this did not scare Santa away! It was pretty inexpensive and the cost was a donation to a dog rescue that we support anyway. So, it was like getting something for nothing! The professional pictures will be available for upload in a couple days, but I snapped a few with my phone while they were posing...
Wm seems suspicious. Flip with murder in his eyes.
A different angle, but the same squeaky toy intensity. 
Behind the scenes mayhem
We all return to work and school tomorrow. But, Thanksgiving is always nice because we know that in a few weeks, we are on an even longer holiday break! Wm is off for 2 and a half weeks. I'm taking off 4 days, but get 12 continuous days off, with the way the holidays fall. WOOT!

I watched a funny video online of a lady talking to her dog and telling it all the things she would do for it. She goes, "I would kill my entire family for you," which cracked me up. I was sitting in the living room with Flip and he was being especially cute. So I go, "I love you so much Flip. I would kill my entire family for you." Then, I heard Steve, from in the dining room, go, "Ummmmmm...." HA! I had to show him the video to prove I wasn't planning murder. This time.

No comments:

Post a Comment