Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Fire!

Our dreams have come true! We have a working fireplace! And, it's cold enough to use it. Steve built a fire on Friday night and we had a pizza/movie night by the crackling of the fire. It was amazing.
Steve...has made fire!
Did not make it through the movie
It was a gorgeous weekend!! We had planned to go to see Bohemian Rhapsody, but the lure of the sunshine was too great. So, we spent Saturday raking and yard working. Wm came out and helped and it is GREAT that he is old enough now to actually make a significant contribution - especially because our new yard requires a lot more work than our old one!

Sunday was equally nice, so we decided to go out to a walking path at a Metro Park in Dublin. After a walk, we took Flip into their dog park (where he vigorously humped another dog's face), and then Wm went to their super awesome playground that included a mini zip line. On the way home, I was like, "See? Didn't you have fun?" And Wm goes, "No. I did not want to come and I had NO FUN." Soooo...there's that.

I did capture Wm and Flip being as cute as can be:

Snuggle friends
Kiss Cam!
I was off for Veteran's Day, but Steve and Wm both had a normal day. So I went out to a 3 hour lunch extravaganza with my friend Melanie. It was awesome.  However, it made coming back to work today tough...
It's funny cause it's true!
Wm got a 102% on his first test in Let's Taco 'Bout Food (which is a chemistry class). So, he's rocking out! He's only a few short weeks away from finishing his first semester of 7th grade. I told him, at that point, he will not only be halfway through 7th grade, but that is also the halfway point through middle school! He's on target to finish Algebra II and "Taco" this semester, so next semester he will have Geometry and some new science class (maybe Potions?) I decided to stop checking his grades and just let him be in charge of things. I asked him on the way home yesterday if he liked not having me checking his grades online and being involved or if he missed me monitoring things and he goes, "I LOVE IT - DO NOT START NAGGING ME AGAIN." Ha!! Since he's doing so well, I don't really need to. So I will just empower him to be in charge of his own business.  His school is doing a thing called The Golden Ticket. For kids that don't have any disciplinary issues and master their classes, they get to spend the day at the movie theater, seeing movies for free, at the end of the term. Wm is HIGHLY motivated by this!

He was horrified to learn that the parents of one of his friends look at all his texts, emails, and
"spy" on his phone. Wm goes, "thank god those are not my parents!" I told him that I trust him to be responsible...unless he gives me reason not to! Wm goes, "I will never give you a reason." He's just nerdy enough that I believe him! For now...

Last night, I let Wm watch a pre-approved episode of the show Black Mirror. If you haven't seen it, it's some MESSED UP stuff. Each episode is its own show that highlights something sinister about technology. So, Wm watches the episode, it ends, he turns to me and goes, "OMG...did he just die?That was DARK. Can we watch another one?!?"

No comments:

Post a Comment